Beautiful Warfare Studios

Beautiful Warfare Studios

Monday 18 March 2013

Latest project update and phone pics.

Hey tabletoppers,

Just a bit of an update here, mostly going to be pictures, so I apologize in advance they were all taken with my phone... only 5mp - BOOOO.

Ok so (the client) wanted a conversion of Kara Sloan under the P3 Cygnar line. The concept was to customize her pose into a sniping pose and then build a custom base for her so she would be posed inside a building, behind a wall and aiming out through a window. He also wanted me to include sandbags, razor wire and paint the figure at an "advanced" level with directional lighting was coming in through the window and over the wall.

Kara's base is a standard 30mm base, and for play and competition  reasons, the base needed to remain the same size, so here's what I put together for the base....



Customizing the pose wasn't too bad, though if you aren't detail oriented, I'd give the advice to get someone else to handle this customization for you. the detail lost in cutting the parts was some of the smallest detail on the model. The cutting went by pretty quick with my nifty diamond blades and Chinese knock-off dremmel.

And that's how far I got before the weekend....

Here's what I managed to get done over the weekend; now admittedly there are still some things left to do including the razor wire, font and center, so it may seem a touch incomplete, but i'll post up a much better picture of the final sometime before the hand-off this weekend.

Painted base...



Kars's first few licks of paint....

End of yesterday...




As I said, I'll upload something later in the week, when the model is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?... Thoughts?.... Looking for services? Write to us!