Beautiful Warfare Studios

Beautiful Warfare Studios

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Orks Update: Trumpeter Salute 40k Tournament


Hey guys Gord here again with an update of my favorite boyz. The Orks.
This last weekend I took them to a local tournament. The Trumpeter Salute 40k tournament. It was good times with lots of good people. The event was TOed by Lee Baxter. Thanks Lee for putting on a fun event.
Not super competitive. But that didn't stop me from losing two of my three games. :P Anyways I didn't come home empty handed as I won one of the raffle prizes. One of the GW 40k Trench Lines Terrain boxes.
I also won the best painted trophy. Yay me!



So I was up until 1:00ish the night before trying to get my objectives and Defense Line finished up. Here's a couple shots of my army.
As you can see in the front I used the Citadel Urban Barricades and Walls as a defense line. If you chop two of them in half then it all comes out to the same size as the Aegis Defense Line. Four long pieces and four short pieces.



Here's a close up on the defense line and you can sort of see the Objective markers in the back. I used the little markers you get in the Munitorum dice set only I chopped the Servo Skulls of the top and built some totems from plasticard and random Orky bits I had laying around.

So now I'm adding to the army and changing some things around that I find didn't work so well in preparation for a larger tournament in a couple months. I've also got a possible commission coming up so I'll post up progress shots and finished shots of those. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?... Thoughts?.... Looking for services? Write to us!